SPIL International Scientific Board Meeting, 2021
To evaluate the progress of the first stage final part of the SPIL project and assess and suggest the way forward for the second stage (2022-2027)
President of the Board
- Prof Dr-Habil Ing Jiří KLEMEŠ DrSc, dr h c (mult), Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
- Prof Dr-Habil Ferenc Friedler, DSc, dr h c, Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Budapest, Hungary
- Prof Aoife Foley, Reader, PhD, Queen’s University Belfast, Belfast, United Kingdom
- Prof Ing Zdravko Kravanja, PhD, University of Maribor, Maribor, Slovenia
- Prof Ing Zainuddin Abdul Manan, PhD, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
- Prof Ing Robin Smith, PhD, FRA, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Prof Ing Petr Stehlik, PhD, dr h c, Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
- Prof Ing Qiuwang Wang, PhD, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China
- Prof Ing Yutao Wang, PhD, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- Prof Ing Fengqi You, PhD, Cornell University, Ithaca, USA
- Dr Yee Van Fan, MPhil, Brno University of Technology, VUT Brno, Czech Republic
- Dr Ing Šárka Zemanová, Brno University of Technology, VUT Brno, Czech Republic
Senior SPIL Researchers
- Doc Ing Jiří Pospíšil, PhD, Brno University of Technology, VUT Brno, Czech Republic
- Doc Ing Martin Pavlas, PhD, Brno University of Technology, VUT Brno, Czech Republic
- Doc Dr-Habil Ing Petar Sabev Varbanov, PhD, Brno University of Technology, VUT Brno, Czech Republic
Summary by Head of SPIL and President of the Board – Jiří Jaromír Klemeš
Annual Achievements of Sustainable Process Integration Laboratory (SPIL) 2020-2021
This period has been very successful for the SPIL team and contributed considerably to meeting project indicators and achievements. SPIL team created a number of publications (papers and a book), presented numerous lectures, including Plenaries, Keynotes and invited presentations worldwide.
SPIL researchers responded to societal and scientific urgencies caused by COVID-19 pandemics by presenting several original research papers, which received significant attention by a number of citations as well as considerable ALTMETRICS scores.
PRES’21 conference, of which SPIL staff was scientific organiser, was run under demanding COVID-19 conditions as a hybrid conference and has been proved as very efficient and successful. The team gained experience for SPIL and PRES conferences, which, even after the pandemics are planned to be hybrid.
SPIL staff served as Editors in Chief, Subject and Regional editors, successfully completed Special Issues acting as Managing Guest Editors and Guest Editors.
Two more students successfully completed PhD studies. Several new applications were submitted, which materialised in winning a H2020 and Bilateral projects, making a base for SPIL project sustainability for the second stage period 2022-2027
Kick off meeting - SPIL international board meeting, 2017
Date: 5 and 7 December 2017
Location: Hotel International Brno (5 December, 7-9pm) and Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Brno University of Technology (7 December, 3-4 pm)
• Preliminary consultations about formal collaboration agreements
• Discussions on student exchange program
• Discussions on joint book publication, led by SPIL
• Networking for joint research funding programmes